Get Your Boron with this Homemade Hummus and Crackers Recipe from Matthew Kenney
Ritual teamed up with Matthew Kenny for a plant-based dining experience that represents some of the ingredients found in Essential for Women.
We paired with Kenney because his cuisine and methods align perfectly with our mission: to fuel the body with the cleanest ingredients we can find, no matter what. All plant-based & no B.S. Because we believe that’s how it should be.
Matthew Kenney & team shared the recipes with us so that you can get Essential with your own meals at home. Here is the delicious Hummus and Crackers recipe, inspired by Boron.
1 quart cooked garbanzo beans 1 head roasted garlic
1/3 cup lemon juice (or more)1/2 cup tahini
1/2 tablespoon Sea Salt
1 cup ice
1 cup olive oil
2/3 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup hemp seeds
1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
2 tablespoons coriander seeds
2 tablespoons cumin seeds
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper1 teaspoon flake sea salt
Raw Honey Dates, pitted and sliced
1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup smoked paprika
1 cup parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put the everything for the Hummus (except the olive oil) in a food processor and pulse. Slowly pour in olive oil until smooth.
- For the Dukkah, spread the hazelnuts over a baking tray and cook in preheated oven for 3-4 minutes or until toasted.
- Rub the hazelnuts between a clean tea towel to remove as much skin as possible.
- Place the toasted hazelnuts in the bowl of a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the sesame seeds and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Add to the bowl with the hazelnuts.
- Place coriander seeds and cumin seeds in frying pan over medium heat, and cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic and seeds begin to pop. Transfer seeds to a spice grinder. Add the hemp seeds, crushed spices, pepper, and salt to the hazelnut mixture and mix well.
- Blend all Paprika Oil ingredients on high for 7 minutes. Strain through cone coffee filter.
- Repeat for the Green Oil.
Spoon hummus in the center of the plate. Sprinkle dukkah on top of hummus then drizzle both the red and green oils over hummus as well. top with pomegranate seeds and micro parsley. serve with a side of lentil crackers. Garnish with pomegranate.
NEXT RECIPE: Frozen Avocado Parfait
Image: Jake Ahles